Hosting an MET course of your very own can be a big advantage in several ways and it’s easier than you think.
With continuing education requirements now for most states, the cost of sending a single participant to a course can cost upwards of $1200.00 for a weekend course. That can eat up your CEU money in no time flat.
But, when you sponsor a course at your facility, you can actually make a few thousand dollars as well as save thousands on your CEU expenditures.
If you have staff of 20 or so, then you are all set. And the cost per therapist goes way down to around $250.00, compared to $1200.00.
If you have less than 20, you can advertise to other hospitals/clinics in your area and charge full price to the outside therapists, while your own staff gets to come for a fraction of the full price. Either way, you save.
Lastly, depending on how you set your prices and how many students sign up, you may earn anywhere from $2000-$3000 for your clinic.
M1 Course – Muscle Energy Techniques for Lower Extremities, Pelvis, Sacrum and Lumbar Spine
M2 Course – Muscle Energy Techniques for the Thoracic Spine, Ribs, Shoulder and Cervical Spine
M3 Course – Muscle Energy Technique – No Man's Land: the First All External Treatment of Dysfunctions of Women's (And Men's) Pelvis and Pelvic Floor
M4 Course – Muscle Energy Technique – Rotten to the Core: Muscle Energy Evaluation & Treatment of the Ribs, Thoracic Spine and the "Abdominal-Thoracic Functional Core Unit"
- Location for the course sufficient to accommodate up to 24 students, with 2 per table.
- Treatment tables/massage tables, or tables with pads, with 2 per table.
- Coffee and/or snacks are always a nice touch, but not required.
- A screen or white wall to show the power point presentation.
- If you have a projector, it would be very helpful.
- You market or promote course.
- You are responsible for registering and collecting payments.
- You pay the cost of the manuals, at around $11 each.
ON MY END:
- I present the Muscle Energy Techniques seminars for up to 24 participants.
- I bring a laptop and power point projector, if you do not have one.
- I assist with advertising by: DESIGNING A CUSTOM BROCHURE WITH YOUR COMPANY’S INFORMATION (See sample brochures)
- I provide the course evaluation sheets.
- I assist you in the CEU approval process, if applicable.
- If you wish to have more than 22 students, I will bring an assistant (if available) at additional cost.
Any way you slice it, this is a cost effective way to satisfy CEU requirements for the company.
A money maker if you wanted to purchase another piece of equipment:
If you set the charge at $400.00 per student and you book 20 students, that is $8000.00. Take out the expenses as mentioned above, and you make a nice profit for your clinic – usually $2000-$3000. BETTER THAN HAVING A BAKE SALE!
A monumental leap for your staff’s reputation:
As your staff becomes proficient with the techniques, your company gains the reputation as the “go to” therapists for difficult patients and superior outcomes. Your referrals grow by leaps and bounds.
If you need any other information, contact me by e-mail or by call the clinic at 440-918-0836.